April is National Car Care Month, so there’s no better time to give your vehicle some extra time and attention. With gas prices at record highs, it makes sense to keep your car or truck running at peak performance. This not only saves you money, but can actually make your ride last longer – saving you even more money!
Nationally recognized as The Car Coach, Lauren Fix has some great tips for getting better gas mileage and keeping your car on the road longer!
Here are Lauren’s Five C’s of Care Care:
1) Check and Change Your Motor Oil: Using the proper motor oil helps extend oil change intervals, saving money and reducing harmful effects on the environment with less oil disposed. Royal Purple’s API-licensed Motor Oil combines premium base oils with proprietary additive technologies to create high performance motor oils that optimize engine performance.
Click for more information: Royal Purple
2) Clean the Outside of Your Car From the Winter: Spring is the perfect season for a fresh start, especially for your vehicle. Lauren talks about methods to restore your vehicle to a storeroom-like shine, requiring minimal time and effort, while protecting your investment from harmful road elements both inside and out.
New Turtle Wax ICE Liquid Wax has advances resins and polymers to deliver long lasting, dirt repellant shine and protection to your car’s exterior, now easier than ever to use.
Click for more information: Turtle Wax
3) Check and Change Your Wiper Blades: For maximum visibility and safety, wiper blades should be changed every six months, especially following the wear and tear dished out by winter weather.
TRICO Force™ is a high-performance, robustly engineered beam blade with a patented swept-wing spoiler that slices through windspeeds caused by cross winds, buffeting truck winds and general traffic turbulence to deliver a flawless wipe and excellent visibility in all driving situations.
Click for more information: Trico
4) Check and Change Your Tires: There’s a science to checking the life left in your tires, and Lauren will explain. If it’s time to change the tires, Lauren has tips on choosing new ones, to give your vehicle the proper ride and fuel economy.
Michelin just came out with a great new tire, called Defender, which stops 31 feet shorter, lasts up to 21,000 miles longer than competitors and saves fuel.
Click for more information: Michelin
5) Clean out the Engine: The number of high mileage vehicles on the road is at an all-time high. Those engines need preventative maintenance to make them last as long as possible. Lauren has some money saving tips to help.
GUNK’s Engine Cleaning System is a must for preventative engine maintenance. Start by using the Original Engine Degreaser to clean your engine of dirt and grime and finish by applying Engine Protector to leave a shiny layer of protection from rust and crud build up. Follow this routine twice per year, and your engine will run cooler and longer.
Click for more information: Gunk
*This Satellite Media Tour is sponsored by: Royal Purple, Trico, Gunk, Michelin, and Turtle Wax